Consulting Team – Analyst (4)
- Develop skills in corporate strategy, industry and competitive analysis, marketing strategy and research, and financial advisory.
- Garner real-world experience through our hands-on approach to issue-based problem solving, engaging in semester-long consulting projects with businesses in the Austin area. Past cases include:
- Product development and strategy in retail with Kammok, a company which produces high-quality outdoor products for the socially conscious adventurer
- Worldwide analysis, fund analysis, and market research in international startups with International Accelerator, an accelerator which focuses on bringing and helping foreign startups succeed in the U.S.A.
- Product development and market research in high-tech with IBM Watson
- Learn how to network effectively and gain access to our network, including Consulting Team alumni who have worked at the top industry positions, consulting firms, and investment banks.
- Collaborate with Corporate Relations Directors to host a Mock Case Competition
- Gain and refine the knowledge and skills for successful recruiting with many firms through various workshops
- Resume workshop
- Recruiting workshop
- Behavioral and case interview preparation workshop
- Industry workshops
Marketing Team (variable limit)
- Consult with Austin businesses and enhance marketing strategies through the application of marketing concepts
- Undergo training in marketing concepts (e.g. 4P’s, marketing funnel, STP) and technical skills (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, SEO, HTML) that span both the brand and performance sectors of marketing
- Engage with real-world marketing trends and events through weekly market updates, case studies, and access to trade publications
- Professional development through targeted interview preparation and resume reviews
- Network with the McCombs community and M-Team alumni. Past alumni have gone on to work for top companies that span a wide array of marketing disciplines including digital & performance marketing, advertising, and product management.
- Requirements: strong communications skills, dedicated work ethic, refined sense of humor
Finance Team (variable limit)
- Train and hone skills in investment research, financial modeling, macroeconomic analysis, corporate accounting, portfolio allocation, financial instruments, developing investment theses, and various investing philosophies/methodologies
- Apply learned concepts by participating in market update discussions, receiving lectures, and helping run the fund by joining sub-teams to pitch stocks to the whole group
- Give back to the ABSA community through workshops
- Receive career advice to prepare for jobs in financial services or other industries
- Past members have gone on to join prestigious firms in investment banking, asset management, accounting, and private equity
- Others have worked in consulting or gone corporate
Team applications are now available! Hard copies are due on Thursday, September 20 at GM #3 to your respective Team Head, and soft copies are due by 11:59 PM on the same date. Make sure to read the important information on the apps; we look forward to your submission!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding team requirements, please email the respective Team Head of the position you wish to apply for.