Frequently Asked Questions
- In the professional aspect, we form strategic partnerships with leading firms to provide our members with valuable knowledge about different industries and careers. In addition, we utilize our network of alumni, old members, and professional contacts to help our members gain valuable career-skills that will help them succeed.
- In the social aspect, ABSA strives to develop a close knit network of business-minded individuals through the Family Program, numerous socials, and networking with other members.
- In the philanthropic aspect, ABSA gives back to the local community by volunteering at numerous local events with difference organizations such as Habitat for Humanity, Keep Austin Beautiful, Coats for Kids, and many others.
- Career development: ABSA has partnerships with leading companies in addition to a vast network of alumni that can help you get where you want to go in your career
- Career/Academic/Life guidance: ABSA’s vast network of diverse upperclassmen members and alumni are an excellent resource for members to access
- Leadership: In choosing to lead in an organization repeatedly named the “Best Professional Organization” on campus by the UT Leadership and Ethics institute, you will develop skills transferable to all aspects of your future career. ABSA offers numerous Director and Committee positions for strong candidates!
- Friends: As one of the largest student organizations at the McCombs School of Business, you will make lifelong friends with fellow members!
- Socials: As a member of ABSA, you will be able to attend free socials such as ice skating, bowling, potlucks, paintballing, and much more!
- Families: The ABSA Family Program provides you with a close group of friends in ABSA in addition to upperclassmen “Big Sibs”
- IM Sports: As a member of ABSA, you can play IM sports such as football, volleyball, soccer, basketball, and softball for free with ABSA
- Volunteering: ABSA gives back to the community in so many ways such as building houses, cleaning up streets, helping kids learn how to read, and many other large and small events in the local community. You will be able to give back in so many ways while doing so with fellow friends in ABSA!
Most importantly though, ABSA is not just about business. ABSA is about its members! ABSA members are an amazing network of different personalities, backgrounds, majors, countries, etc that can really be your home within the vast UT student body.
Membership Dues for Spring 2015 are:
- $40 for new members
- $30 for 1st year returning to ABSA
- $20 for 2nd year returning
- $10 for 3rd+ year returning